Thirteen Things I can’t live without (or wouldn’t want to, at least). (not in any particular order or importance)
1. Writing — I think I’d go crazy without the ability to write. The thought of one day having arthritis sends me into paroxysms of fear.
2. Reading — My one most pleasurable past time. I can’t sleep at night if I haven’t read at least one page of a page. It’s something my husband (a non-reader) just doesn’t get.
3. Sex — Enough said
4. A cat — I need a feline in my life. I’m lucky enough to have been chosen by 7 of them. They help me cope with life by cuddling with me, purring at me and making me laugh every single day.
5. A sense of humor and irreverence — I couldn’t get through this life with these things. Sometimes, when things seem their darkest, you just have to laugh. You just have to. This life is far too mysterious and complicated to take seriously.
6. The ability to live moment-by-moment — see above. Another coping strategy. If you can concentrate on this moment right here, you can get through most any kind of stress.
7. Meditation — It does a body (and mind) good.
8. Water — I love water. Show me a pool or bathtub full of warm water and I’ll show you a happy Anya.
9. Dark chocolate — I know, it’s such a cliche. All the same, I love me some fine dark chocolate, the kind that’s so dark it’s almost bitter.
10. Wine — Mmmmm. Red wine. I love the red wine that comes from the Côtes du Rhône the best.
11. Good food — Cheese. I love all kinds of cheese, but not the truly stinky stuff like Limburger. Unfortunately, my husband likes those. Bleh. I’ll do any variety of the rest, though — Camembert, Brie, Bleu, plain old cheddar. I love the big gourmet olives, and well, the culinary list goes one.
12. Pajama pants, slipper socks and soft, many-times-washed sweatshirt — my official writing uniform. I would also put well-washed Gap jeans on here too.
13. Lingerie — I’m a lingerie fanatic. Victoria’s Secret knows me well.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants