*pokes head from the mountain of dirty diapers and blow an errant strand of hair away from face* Almost everyone is at RT. POUT! But that’s no reason for me not to get back into my Thursday Thirteen habit. So, here it is….
Thirteen of my favorite quotes:
1. “I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is.” – Forrest Gump
2. “I know I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything…” – Lloyd Dobber in ‘Say Anything’
3. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. Andthe human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
– Professor Keating (Robin Williams) in ‘Dead Poet’s Society’
4. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that” ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Ghandi
6. “Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods”
7. “The world is full of people who missed their destiny because they were afraid to take a chance.”
8. “It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable.” – Eric Hoffer
9. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” – Princess Bride
10. “Never fear shadows. They simply mean there’s a light shining somewhere nearby.”
11. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great”
12. “Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing.”
– Bill Cosby
13. “To the world you may be somebody, but to somebody you may be the world.”
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
3. Tilly Greene
9. Sparky Duck
12. Shiloh Walker
16. Charlene Teglia
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!