Lauren Dane tagged me for this meme.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. Winter is my favorite season. I prefer cold to heat and I enjoy snow very much. Although I also love the ocean and prefer the beach for vacations (even though I don’t tan and get heat rash like WOW. I was made for the northern places.)
2. I’m a little bit of a wine snob. I really only drink reds and I prefer they come from the Cote du Rhone.
3. That’s the only kind of snob I am. I am very friendly and easy to get along with, though I do tend to be very shy and introverted. Normally people have to be persistent in order to make friends with me. Once I do make a real friend, however, I tend to keep them as close friends for a very, very long time. (I still have friends from the second grade)
4. I have an incredibly soft spot for cats. I’m horribly allergic to them (and have asthma), and have been begged by my doctors to not keep any, but I love them enough to put up with the health complications. We have eight, all but one are rescues. They’re worth it to me.
5. My favorite poet is Charles Simic. He rocks the Casbah.
6. I am a Zen Buddhist in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. It’s a daily effort for me to stay on that path. Some days I do better than others, but I’m always trying.
7. I lived in the south of France for six months after I graduated high school (see wine snob). Years later I met and married a French-speaking Belgian man. I do also speak French (I wouldn’t say fluently, but I get along all right) and I translate French as part of my day job (which, yes, I still have).